Wednesday 10 June 2009

Just Journalism.

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about journalism. I want to;
  • Study literature and Journalism in University.
  • Write for the newspapers after graduating, and during uni if possible. I want to travel, to write articles in many points of view.
  • Then progress on to writing full novels aswell as plays and poetry.

Because, you see, recently I've been working on something. Its this newspaper thing. I've wrote articles on Britney and Global Warming in a very newspaper manner. Y'see, on Saturday whilst on the train, I was reading Culture magazine in the Sunday Times. Britney is something that has been in my brain for a long time. There was a huge rumour tabloid-like 3 page long rant about how she is mad. I found this brutally unsuitable and pecimist, an exaggerant account of the truth. I think that I want to start a journal that tells something in the truth, but grabs readers. So please, take some time to read an extract of my very own account of Britney in which I had to do a lot of research; watching Britney: for the record and biogrophies, etc aswell as articles. Here's the article (The one I wrote): Watching Britney: For the Record, it is clear that Britney Spears has definitely been exaggerated in the spotlight. In this popular film documentry, - released last year, she expressed how she felt the need for freedom, and how she had to grow up under the spotlight. Who wouldn't be mentally depressed if you can't step out your own front door without a crowd and a dozen cameras watching you, and are being gaurded twenty-four hours a day with no time for yourself? However, the star seems to have picked herself up and started fresh; releasing a new perfume, album, and going on tour - and generally seeming more 'calm'. The star first rose to fame when she was seventeen - releasing her debut album 'Baby one more time'. She soon became a world sensation - but still, as many say, just a 'kid'. Britney has been through rough times - her parents had many rows and her father had alchahol and anger problems, plus adding to Britney's stress, her Aunt died of Cancer in 2007. The next day she shaved her head. She has been through marriages and divorces; Jason Alexander, Kevin Federline, Justin Timberlake, and lost custody of her two children. The well-known singer comes from Louisiana. In 1993 she was a 'Mousekeeter' in the Mickey Mouse Club with Christina Agulera and Justin Timberlake.

Did you enjoy it? Hmm. I'll get better, hopefully. I mean I love doing articles. One of mine got published in the Babington Annual. But I mean, Journalism is a great start, so you get really 'stretched' and ready for novels. And not just that, I think I might be quite good at it. What do you think? I love the excitement of it, the research part, then the vocabulary, and then checking it through..it sounds boring, but beleive me, to me its heaven!!

Competition still running, and hope you enjoyed the extract!!


No comments:

Post a Comment