Tuesday 7 April 2009

Family History, Little Britain, and Uplifting meetings.

Yesterday was great!
We went down to Sydenam Hill, where my brother Eddie (one of my half-brothers, age 26) had previously moved out, and had to collect some stuff of Jo's (His girlfriend who he just broke up with) to return it to her friend. So anyway, me and dad decided to drop in and have a chat, as we hadn't seen Ed for a month or so. We'd been up Sydenham hill this morning aswell, when Grandpa was there, because Grandpa is selling it (Its originally his house but when my brother's couldn't afford a house they lived in his house in Sydenham, and Grandpa obviously lived with Grandma in the house they're in most of the time, by the seaside) (btw, my bros just moved out and bought a lovely place with two other guys and their friends and they love it, and its gorgeous!) So anyway, As I was saying, I met a lot of strange people today. Partly because we had to go past Penge. Ugh. So many chavs, a really rough area. But the funny thing is : I met three Little Britain lookalikes today. 1. The Estate Angent that came in the morning to Grandpa. Oh, my, gosh. I wanted to burst out laughing. She was chubby, lots of nail polish...I can't even explain it. She looked and even talked exactly like the woman from Fatfighters!!!
Second look-a-like. I'm not sure she's alive. I hope she is. We were driving to Sydenham, and we see this blue car in front of us. This fat woman pops her head out of the window. She is having a Cigarette and is driving incredibly dangerously in curves. She looks like she's going to crash. Dad and me peer through our car window, she's in front of us. I look closely.
"She's Drunk!!" I realized, telling dad.
"Dear oh dear, she is, driving a car, drunk, and smoking!" Dad agreed as she swerved in and out of the road. It was obvious she was going to crash. We saw her disappear down an other road, and we don't know what happened to her. But she looks exactly like...Vicky Pollard! And the sort of thing she would do too! Look-a-like three was Andy. I'm not being mean to people in Wheelchairs but someone did come along in a Wheelchair and his face and hair was identical!!
Moving on, So we arrived at Sydenham Hill. Across the road, is the Dulwhich Wood House, in case any of you bloggers don't know. So, we had to wait for twenty minutes before Ed arrived, and we had forgot the keys to the house. Dear Eddy. Ed is always late wherever he goes, never on time :D Finally, after many songs on the radio and singing along, he arrived. I got out of the car to hug him. "Eddy!" I said in delight. We went inside the house. We chatted happily for a bit. Now, a project I have been doing recently is A Family History Tree. Its not for school, or anything. But for me. I'm interested in this sort of thing. In the house at Sydenham, quite a lot of the Moss family lived there. The drawers were packed with old black-and-white Victorian Photos, and old newspaper cuttings and old passports and ornaments that belonged to great-grandfathers or my other grandpa I hadn't met but I heard he was a lovely, lovely person.
After chatting a bit, whilst Ed and Dad loaded the car with Jo's stuff, I went upstairs where the study was, (It wasn't pens and stuff, really, It was more memories and photos) and discovered the place and date of Birth of my Great-Grandmother (I did meet her, lots, she was very kind, but sadly she died one week before her hundreth birthday) and her brother, whom I never knew, James Poxton, and his date of birth and place of birth. She also had eight other siblings, my great Nan. And from Grandpa I found his Grandma's and Grandpa's names, and other bits and peices for my project. So far, I'm doing quite well, but want I can't figure is where Emily (I won't tell you my last name) fits in. About two years ago, my Great-Aunt/Kind of Grandmother (died recently (sob)'s son did a family tree (he's an adult, btw) and he traced back so long. Really, Really long, until the begining of the Victorian Times, I dunno, but the page was full of about three hundred and eighty names. Maybe more. But when I was eight, and I looked at this, I only saw one name, that I dunno. Emily (my last name) . I just felt..there was something about her I needed to find out. It just stuck out, maybe there was something about her that would be really interesting to figure out? But she was an ancestor long, long ago, so first I have to trace her great-great-great-great grandchildren, but I know she's from my dad's side, fitting in in some relation between my grandma, or grandpa. After I had searched lots of photos, Ed called me downstairs. We went to The Dulwhich Wood House (A very nice pub) and asked if I was allowed in, they said yes, as long as I don't drink. I laughed. Then the funny lady serving Dad's beer and Ed's beer and my lemonade said maybe I could Have a Vodka. I laughed once again. We sat down at a table, eating chive and cheese crisps, and having beer, in my case Lemonade. We chatted a lot, and its so uplifting when we go see Ed or James. Ed talked about work, he's roommates, and his new girlfriend, Fiona. Fiona's parents are quite well off and they're scottish and they live on basically a castle on water in Scotland. Its Fiona's mum's birthday soon, and Ed's got to hire a Tuxido to wear to the party! Hehee. I hear Fiona is really nice, and I will probably meet her soon. Ed told me all about his crazy roommates, and we moved onto the topic of crazy friends, and how he had a friend that jumped off stairs for a hobby and once set his jumper on fire to see what would happen!!! Laugh. After all that chatting, it was getting very late, so we went back home and said our goodbyes to Eddy. I love it when we have mini-gatherings like that, it is uplifting. And today, I've got to begin packing for Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment